Holiday Survival Guide

It’s here – the holiday season is in full swing! Have you lost control yet? We don’t blame you if you have, but it’s not too late to dial it back in before we start making those New Years resolutions to loss everything that we’ve put on the last few weeks.


It’s never easy controlling ourselves at holiday parties. There are endless options of cookies, cheese, and booze everywhere we look so it’s no wonder that we enjoy ourselves and pack on a few pounds this time of year. But what if we could enjoy ourselves and still keep the pounds off?!? Good news – you can! Over the next few weeks strive to follow the 80/20 rule. If you can stick to those healthy eating options 80% of the time you can probably get away with eating what you want the other 20% of the time during the holidays. But it’s important to be honest with yourself so be sure to constantly track your food and stay consistent with your workouts!


Unless you’re going to a dinner party it’s always best to eat before you leave the house. When attending someone elses party you can never be sure what the food options will be like. Eating before you leave does two things for you:

1. You can guarantee yourself a healthy meal before the night slips away. If you know you have a holiday party coming up and not a lot of time after work be sure to prep a healthy option for yourself that you can quickly enjoy before the party.

2. If you’re already full by the time you get to the party the chances of your scarffing down a half a dozen Christmas cookies is far less.


As we just said, going to parties can sometimes be a crap shoot. Depending on who is hosting you can expect a wide variety of delicious holiday favorites, but probably nothing too healthy. Lucky for you you plan ahead! Don’t get me wrong, it’s the holidays, so get out there and enjoy yourself. Buttttt rather than downing a few dozen cookies maybe try and impress the host with your super tasty paleo dish that also double as your healthy snack of the night.