Hey there, you wonderful person! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas? Who is ready for the new year now? I’m personally excited for setting goals with our coaches, setting resolutions, and seeing what everyone in the box will achieve! We will also be hearing about quests for new, healthy diets, from macros to keto, from intermittent fasting to plant based.
Keto is all the rage these days. Whether you believe the hype or not, if it means I can have a dessert with less sugar that’s still scrumptious, I’m down. Growing up, our house was filled with chocolate fudge, chocolate chip and M & M cookies, molasses dough, cranberry-apple pie… and ALL of that went in my belly. Now that I need to be more selective with my treats, I am going to choose very carefully. My friend, Emily, is constantly creating her own beautiful recipes from scratch and sharing them on Instagram in beautiful photos and stories. The recipe I am about to share with you is INCREDIBLE, and I hope you can share in this unique creation! It will WOW any guests coming to your home for Christmas and New Years in the coming weeks!
Before you begin, there are a few things you MUST do.
- Every step must be done out of love. Emily made this for her sister’s birthday, out of love.
- Don’t skimp on ingredients! Emily got the GOOD stuff- pure, unsweetened dark chocolate that’s $7.00/6 oz, but that’s absolutely necessary.
- Plan to share this with someone special. This isn’t just any old tarte, people!!
Keto Dark Chocolate Tarte:
Ingredients and Directions:
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- First, grease a 9” tart shell pan.
- Next, in a bowl whisk together almond flour, swerve sweetener, and cocoa powder.
- Once combined, melt down butter and then stir that in until it all clumps together.
- Then, press it into the tart pan and put it in the fridge.
- 3 oz pure unsweetened dark chocolate
- 6 tbsp swerve sweetener
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- In a blender, blend dark chocolate, swerve sweetener, and cocoa powder until it is all the same consistency. Leave in the blender.
- Then, over medium heat in a sauce pan, combine heavy whipping cream, almond milk, and butter. heat until starts to boil. At this time, put it in the blender.
- Blend all of this until smooth.
- Add eggs, and blend all up again until combined.
- Next, take the tarte shell out of the fridge and pour in the mousse.
- Then, allow to sit for 90 minutes.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp swerve
- ¼ tsp clear vanilla
- Once all set up, take heavy whipping cream, swerve, and clear vanilla.
- Whip these until formed stiff peaks. Put this on top of the tarte.
- Finally, top with grated chocolate!
We hope you enjoy! As always, visit @lift.eat.thrive for food, health, fitness, and nutrition inspiration! I want to give a major thanks to my friend Emily for allowing me to feature this incredible recipe.