Who is ready for a bomb recipe that makes meal prepping enjoyable and delicious as ever? Check out these fantastic Paleo Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
But first… let us introduce ourselves.
We are “Lift Eat Thrive”, a couple of gals on our own fitness journeys who have come together to share our adventures in fitness, food, and fun. Our Instagram was originally created as a platform to get back in shape after Kristen underwent knee surgery 5 years ago. It eventually evolved into a passion for healthy eating, staying active, and living an overall balanced life…. Let’s be real, food is happiness… but we still need to be mindful of it too! Early this fall, Kristen teamed up with Vicky, who also shares the same passion, to see how many people we can touch.
Kristen is 6’1″ and played Division 1 volleyball in college. Freshman year she had a horrible knee injury and created this Instagram as her accountability to keep up with her physical therapy and increase her strength. Since she could not workout or play volleyball due to knee surgery, she had also gained a few pounds…and so, began also tracking nutrition (where she discovered Paleo) and her love for lifting heavy weights. With the knowledge of the Paleo diet and lifting that she had learned on her journey, the extra pounds melted off and the tall blonde was back to playing volleyball. Not only that, but once Kristen graduated college, she was able to focus more on fueling her body and lifting pertaining to her goals (increasing quadriceps strength). Now her knee has stopped hurting entirely and daily life has improved significantly!
Vicky’s fitness journey began when she was 7 years old, when her mom made her join the swim team. She swam competitively for 12 years, dealing with shoulder injuries in high school. In college she turned to distance running. At the same time, she learned about Paleo, diving into nutrition and holistic health. Several half marathons later and the Pittsburgh Marathon in May 2015, her body was broken down. She started CrossFit exactly a year ago, and she loves the amazing Arsenal Strength community. Now She celebrate gainz and mobility, while caring less about the scale. She eats to fuel her body, rather than restrict it.
Now, what you REALLY want: the recipe!
EASIEST Paleo Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
What you need:
- 1.5 lb boneless chicken breast
- Frank’s Red Hot ORIGINAL Hot Sauce (not the Buffalo version)
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Toppings however you would like!
- Sir Kensington’s or Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo (see these links for mayo and ranch recipes too)
- Chopped Green Onion
What to do:
- Put boneless chicken breasts in Crock Pot (1-2lbs).
- Drown enough Frank’s Red Hot Paleo ORIGINAL hot sauce (not buffalo, it contains canola oil) until it covers to the top of the chicken.
- Turn on high (the time cooking will depend on how much chicken you put in).
- After 1 hour use 2 forks to attempt to shred chicken. If it doesn’t shred EASILY, leave in to cook longer.
- Every 30 min attempt to shred. Once it shreds easily, it is complete (usually around 2 hours cook time)
- Add more sauce to desired taste.
- Poke holes in sweet potato and wrap in damp paper towel. Microwave for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Cut potato down the middle like a boat and fill with Buffalo chicken!
Thanks for reading! For more recipe, workout, and lifestyle content, head on over to our Instagram page, @lift.eat.thrive!