3 Medium sweet potatoes
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1lb boneless chicken breasts
1c arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 c coconut oil.
1. finely grate sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl.
2. Add in all other ingredients stirring with hands.
3. Using a standard waffle maker, spray liberally with cooking spray or the waffle will stick. Place about 1/4-1/3 cup sweet potato mixture into each quadrant of the waffle maker. Close and cook until waffle is browned.
1. Wash chicken and pat dry while heating coconut oil in a deep skillet on medium heat.
2. Beat eggs in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl combine arrowroot powder, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper.
4. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, making sure to shake off all excess egg. Place into the arrowroot mixture and flip to coat. Again, shake off excess
5. Pan fry the chicken until golden brown or about 5-7 minutes each side.
To finish, plate chicken on top of waffles and add fresh salsa, guacamole and a fried egg for a healthy Mexican version of chicken and waffles.