Sometimes in the summer you just need something sweet and this incredibly easy cobbler will do the trick! With limited ingredients, you can make an immensely satisfying, guilt-free, paleo dessert in no time at all. The berries are your choice, but I find it easier to go with a premixed bag to take even more though out of this recipe. If you are using fresh fruit, make sure to add the honey a couple hours before and let the berries sit at room temperature. This will help pull some of the juices out of the berries making the end result much sweeter. If you don’t really care for the whole paleo thing, adding some vanilla ice cream on top makes this even better.
- 5 cups mixed, frozen berries. Your choice!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4c raw honey
- 1c almond flour
- 3/4c almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 organic, no salt, butter – COLD
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add frozen berries to bowl and let thaw. Add chia seeds and honey. Stir to combine.
- Add berries to the base of a 9 inch cast iron skillet (or any oven proof dish will work).
- In a food processor/blender, add the almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Mix just to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the cold butter to the food processor/blender. Pulse just until the butter is combined. The batter will be lumpy. Then add the honey and mix just to combine.
- Using your fingers. Break the dough apart into small pieces and “crumble” on to the top of the berry mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the crumble turns golden brown. Best served hot!