How great would it be if Taco Tuesday was every day?
I have great news for you. Not only can you make this come true, but you can do it in a healthy, nutritious way by still meeting your macros. (If you are into that kind of thing). Creating delicious ways to make your favorite foods is a fantastic strategy to keep you on track to meet your health and fitness goals in the new year. What goals have you made? Personally, I want to master more gymnastics skills, continue to gain strength, and prioritize my sleep. This will mean learning how to prioritize my time and nutrition so I can sleep soundly! Recipes like this are sure to fuel your body, and I can’t wait for you to try it! These use slow-digesting starch from cassava flour and olive oil high in omega 3’s, which is all the rage in the CrossFit nutrition community.
Keep scrolling if you want to go straight to the recipe. First, I’d like to share some thoughts and tips to help you get this New Year off on the best foot!
- Stay positive. Success is possible through optimism.
- Write down you goals and make them visible, such as on your mirror or on the fridge.
- Share your plan with a buddy or a friend.
- Walk each day and say “Thank you”. It will surprise you how much of your daily life will fill you with gratitude.
- Eat more foods grown on trees and plants rather than manufactured in plants.
- Drink water.
- There is no such thing as an overnight success. Love the process.
- Read more books than you did in 2018.
- Look for opportunities to love, serve, and care.
- Live your purpose.
- Smile and laugh daily.
- Enjoy the ride.
Now, for the yummy stuff:
These cassava flour tortillas are the perfect slate for whatever taco goodness you would like to create!
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour. (Find a great deal on Anthony’s Goods on Amazon!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1tsp garlic and herb mix from Aldi (or your brand choice!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
First, kneed ingredients together until well combined in a dough. It may seem dry at first, but keep working on it. It will form a lovely dough. Next, separate into 8 even balls and roll out into 1/8 inch thick tortillas. Finally, cook in pan over medium heat without oil and flip when bubbling or raising off the pan on their own. This will take about 90 sec per side!
Serve immediately with your favorite taco toppings! I made mine with chicken, zucchini spirals, and Frank’s Red Hot sauce.
MACROS: (Per Tortilla)