Hey Arsenal Crew! It’s Kristen back on the nutrition blog this week coming at you with a new spin on waffles that will rock your world. You have probably seen me write about the Air Fryer a billion times, but I have now discovered a new and amazing appliance I use almost every day! This one can make sweet and savory recipes and cooks perfectly every time. Not only that, but it also is so adorable and makes every recipe look fun and taste yummy!
Have you guessed what I am talking about????….It is a MINI WAFFLE MAKER!
I have made Birchbenders Paleo Waffles, Sweet Potato Waffles (both sweet & savory), Cassava Flour Waffles, Oatmeal Waffles… and more. The possibilities are endless. This thing is SO fun to experiment with! Above you will see a photo of my Savory Sweet Potato Waffle recipe with Crock Pot Buffalo Pulled Chicken, topped with Sir Kensington’s Ranch Dressing. This works as a perfect substitution for bread and its only 2 ingredients! Yes, you heard me….2 ingredients!
Before you read any further, go purchase this $10 mini waffle maker on Amazon at:
Now that you have purchased your mini waffle maker, prepare for the endless tasty and cute recipes like this one!
Sweet Potato Waffle Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 1 shredded raw sweet potato (use a cheese grater)
- 1 egg
- Mix and cook in waffle iron for 3-5 minutes
- 1lb chicken breasts (~3 breasts)
- Frank’s red hot buffalo sauce (without canola oil)
- Put in crock pot and pour enough sauce to slightly cover the chicken (~ a third or half a bottle)
- Cook on high for 2 hours (attempt to shred at 1.5 hours. Once it shreds easily it’s done)
- Place chicken between two waffles and add spinach, tomato, and Sir Kensington’s ranch dressing.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Follow @Lift.Eat.Thrive on Instagram or Facebook!